Pumpkin spice is a popular fall flavor.

Contributed

Pumpkin spice is a popular fall flavor.

Can there be too much pumpkin spice?

October 31, 2022

Every fall the shelves of stores are stocked full with pumpkin spice-flavored items. These range from cookies to cream cheese and many brands even make pumpkin spice varieties of their products. Some might say it’s over the top. 

I am biased because I love the flavor of pumpkin spice, but I still decided to check out some of the more unusual selections to see if there’s really a thing as too much pumpkin spice.

My favorite thing that I tried was the pumpkin chips. They are shaped like chocolate chips, but taste like pumpkin spice. I made them into a muffin mix, but I’m sure they would be great in cookies too. They have a delicious pumpkin spice flavor, but they aren’t overwhelmingly sweet. They are perfect for adding a fall touch to any baked good. 

The pudding leaned more into the “spice” part of pumpkin spice. It had a very strong cinnamon taste. It was still very good, but I wanted a stronger pumpkin flavor. 

The Cheerios were good, but I didn’t like the aftertaste it left. However, I tried them without milk so that might have had an influence on the taste overall. I enjoyed that they were a nice balance of spice and pumpkin. 

I tried the syrup on waffles and it was very sweet. The syrup is a great way to add an autumn twist to simple waffles or pancakes. It also smelled really good. 

And of course, I had to get a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I’ve had this drink in previous years, and it is just as good now as it was then. This drink feels very cozy and is perfect for anyone struggling to get in the fall mood. 

After trying all of these different selections, I’ve come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as too much pumpkin spice. There’s a reason this food and drink trend continues to go strong year after year, and I hope to see even more pumpkin spice products at stores in the future.