Dustin+Holly+takes+the+Rupert+mascot+head+at+last+weeks+pep+rally.+

Abby Schultz/Rider Media

Dustin Holly takes the Rupert mascot head at last week’s pep rally.

Who should be the next Masked Rupert?

Rider staff members will dress up as Rupert the Raider in pep rallies.

September 14, 2022

At last week’s second pep rally of the year, a new idea was introduced with a staff member dressing up as Rupert the Raider. Hints were given throughout the week, and students guessed at their identity during the pep rally. 

This was boys soccer coach Dustin Holly’s idea, and it was Holly who disguised himself as Rupert this past Friday. 

The Rider Chronicle staff came up with a few staff members who we think would be good candidates for future pep rallies.

Erin Dillard  – She’s a lot of fun and is good at getting students engaged. She also would get into dance circles as a middle school assistant principal and encourage other students to dance as well.

Trevor Wildman — He is a very chill and charismatic teacher. He always dresses up on dress-up days and is liked by many students.

Paul Loskot — He’s just got the energetic energy a mascot would need, and a perfect optimism that could raise the roof… as long as he’s not on one.

Dr. Cody Blair — We can’t think of anyone better to represent our school than Dr. Blair. He would get the school excited during pep rallies and raise everyone’s spirit. He could also encourage everyone with a motivational speech.

TiAda Radtke — She’d make a great Rupert because she brings great energy to the table and knows how to get all students and staff at Rider High School involved. We also feel like Radtke could definitely bust out some sick dance moves.

Evan Hearn — Have you seen the energy this guy brings to the football sidelines every Friday night? As long as he doesn’t chestbump any students to the ground, we’ll be good.