Senior+captain+Claire+Franklin+has+been+dancing+since+she+was+little+and+has+been+a+Raiderette+all+four+years+at+Rider.+

Anna Hull/Rider Media

Senior captain Claire Franklin has been dancing since she was little and has been a Raiderette all four years at Rider.

Q/A with Raiderettes captain Claire Franklin

October 26, 2022

What makes being a Raiderette so special to the girls who are part of it? If you ask senior captain Clarie Franklin, she would tell you it’s the friends along the way that really makes it all worthwhile. 

As senior week continues, the Rider Chronicle got the chance to talk with Franklin about what being a Raiderette means to her, and what exactly she plans to do after high school.

Q: How long have you been a Raiderette and why did you join?

A: I’ve been a Raiderette for four years. I joined my freshman year because I’ve been dancing since I was little, and wanted to join an organization in high school.

Q: What makes being a Raiderette special for you?

A: I would say probably the friendships are really what makes being a Raiderette so special to me. And that’s because you really get the chance to bond with a group of girls.

Q: What do you want to accomplish your senior year?

A: As far as the team goes, I’d really like to grow the team this year, and just expand the organization. As far as my senior year in general, I’d just really like to leave having left a good mark on Rider High School.

Q: What’s your favorite memory of the Raiderettes?

A: My favorite memory as a Raiderette has probably got to be going to competition in the spring. It’s just really fun, and we get the chance to spend a lot of time together as a team.

Q: What do you want to do after high school? 

A: After high school, I’d like to go to college. I’m not quite sure where yet, and ultimately become a psychology major.

Q: Last message to your team. What do you want them to know?

A: My last message to my team would definitely just be to always follow your dreams, and always work hard for what you want.